Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Two drilling questions

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 03:50:24 +0000 (UTC), bob prohaska's usenet
account wrote:

I'm in the market for a good used drill press. Do you have any suggestions
as to brand/type? Smaller is ok, low speed (as for a hole saw) would be
a plus. Everything I've seen is an East Asian import except for one
vintage Delta with a bent spindle.

bob prohaska

Watch on Craigslist and look in the local shopper newspaper. I'm
partial to Rockwell, old Delta Milwaukee and Walker Turner drill
presses. All three companies became related due to buyouts. I prefer
step pulley models due to simplicity and I'm told that there was a
period of time in the (I think) 1970s-1980s where Rockwell variable
speed machines were not well made. If you're in central PA, I"m going
to sell my bench model Walker Turner which I replaced recently with a
20" floor model Rockwell.

RWL