Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin[_2_] Paul Franklin[_2_] is offline

Default Was Wire nut w/5 #12 Now: OT Related Items????

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:02:33 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

"sid" wrote in message
Can someone tell me the best way to wire-nut 5 #12 wires in a 4x4"
box. I know that a red nut will accept 5 #12 solid wires, but is
there a better way ? I have seen posts that talk about con-blocks and
others that talk about compression nuts. I can't find either at
HomeDepot or any other big box.

Any help is appreciated.

Buchanan WT53 B, I love this nut for bunches of wires:
http://www.aikencolon.com/Ideal-Buch...-100_p_41.html

Sorry for hijacking...

Had to laugh when viewing that page. Main item: wire nuts.
Suggested Related items: Two diamond circular saw blades and a Bosch
drill/driver.

Gotta love software (or more likely, keyword coding) that comes up
with that combination. And I've seen ridiculous suggestions on plenty
of other sites and pages.

Amazon usually has relevant suggestions, but I've seen some crazy ones
there too.

One of the most memorable goofy suggestions was at Cabellas or some
other big sportsman store. I was searching for combination sunscreen
and bug repellant, which it found. The related item it suggested was
a 5 pack of pitons (the things mountain climbers pound into rocks to
secure lines).

Why even bother having such a feature if it can't work better than
that?

Paul F.