Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:52:28 -0700, David Nebenzahl

I would order a Grand Study of the problem. This study would not just
look at the efficiencies of various bulb types in isolation: it would
attempt a holistic approach, where every aspect of creating and using
light bulbs is considered, not just the simple matter of CFLs using less
electricity to emit the equivalent amount of light:

Seems to me there are the following aspects to consider:

Acturally that is what is happening. The market place will,
in time come to a decision. Right now it is too ealry to come to a
decision, but we have millions of people working on it. In time they
will decide.

It is much the same as the early days of the automobile. They
had gasoline, electric, steam etc. In time the gasoline engine became
the winner. Today that we are relooking at the auto industry and
maybe we will come up with a different answer this time, but as we
may come up with a different answer back when the early light bulbs
were competing with gas and oil lights.

It gets corrupted from time to time, but in the end the market
place usually comes up with the right answer to this kind of question.