Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Air conditioning price

"SteveB" wrote
"desgnr" wrote

In Pennsylvania a 1500 sq. ft. 2 story house.

Steve, I guess it's possible to be only 1500sq feet and 2 stories. Kinda
odd to me.

26 years old.
Gas heat pump installed now.
How much would it cost to have a new heater & central air conditioner
installed.

I wonder why he wants to replace the existing gas heat?

Asking because i am thinking about buying this house & it doesn't have
central air.

Between $2,000 and $2,000,000. Start with your local contractor. Have
them do the load calculations. If it has never had central air, it will
be more, as they will have to put ducts that weren't put in the first
place.

Grin, yup. I know some parts of his area use slab construction and you
probably cant get ductwork through the floors for the upstairs.

He's probably gonna be better off with a roof unit for the upstairs and a
separate one for downstairs.

Sorry, Punkie. You have to do your own homework. Find your answers
before someone hands you a pen.

Grin, he can have a few come in for estimates first and learn a bit.