Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default They don't build them like they used to...

Tim S wrote:

Despite the problems I'm having with the Bungalow and despite it's
pitiful (lack of) foundations, it's doing better than a few 11 year
old houses down our road here in Pembury...

Just heard that several houses are having to have the entire ground
floor slab rectified due to subsidence. The main foundations are
fine, but someone didn't prep the slab base properly. Apparantly
these houses were built by a few gangs in parallel and it seems that
one gang buggered up their lot, but the rest are fine.

Luckily for the owners the cost is being fully covered including
redecorating, but it's still messy and inconvenient for them.

Wonder where the Building Inspector was that day?

Tim

If it was a multi-house development, there probably wouldn't have been a LA
BCO involved - certification would have been done by the NHBRC (God help us
all!)
--
Cheers,
Roger