Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Single phase induction motor control.

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:12:19 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Ok, I may well be ok then but I just thought I'd ask before I bought
the grinder. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Why not use a universal motor with feedback?

You can rob all the bits out of an old washing machine.

Make a note of all the wiring - they are all different.

Hmm, ok that could be another option (thanks). I might have a good
motor from a washing machine (the controller went to a good home on
here) but I was concerned about the time this would all take and all
the other jobs I'm supposed to be doing. ;-(

And if this doesn't work I can always use another bench grinder. ;-)

T i m