Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wire nut w/5 #12

On Aug 25, 11:02*pm, TimR wrote:
On Aug 25, 10:50*pm, sid wrote:

Can someone tell me the best way to wire-nut 5 #12 wires in a 4x4"
box. *I know that a red nut will accept 5 #12 solid wires, but is
there a better way ? *I have seen posts that talk about con-blocks and
others that talk about compression nuts. *I can't find either at
HomeDepot or any other big box.

Any help is appreciated.

Chocolate block.

I know Radio Shack (and others) sell these for low voltage connections
but are they NEC approved for house wiring?

I Googled them and all the sites that carry larger sizes seem to be in
the UK or NZ.

I was first introduced to them while serving in the USCG in Germany
back in the late seventies, but again, only for low voltage apps.

Are they NEC approved to be used in the application the OP described?