Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Don't get me wrong; I'd be a benevolent Ayatollah, and wouldn't
necessarily depend on government mandate to dictate what kinds of
light bulbs folks buy. But I'd want to know into which basket we
should put all our eggs. Figure out the odds so we don't bet on the
wrong horse. [Insert clever metaphor here]

Knowledge is power. If you KNOW which is the better bulb, there is the
temptation to mandate its use (witness that exact fact). People should
gather their eggs in whichever basket they choose, put them in their
pockets, or wrap them in a handkerchief and carry them over their shoulder.

If *I* were the king of the world, I'd shoot anybody who says "we need to
study this."