Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Is this Roofing error pretty common?

I put the roof on my half-price shed kit last yesterday and I noticed
that the roofing instructions in the plans were wrong. I did a little
internet research and found some indications that a lot of
instructions either don't mention one of the key points or show the
same error as my shed plans.

My shed instructions say to install the starter course of shingles
with the tabs facing up. This puts the adhesive strip mid way up the
first course, with nothing to hold down the tabs of the first course.

I've found instructions on the web that either don't say anything
about cutting the tabs off or if they do, they don't mention the fact
that the adhesive strip should be placed at the bottom, near the eave.

I'm just curious if stats like the ones mentioned at the following
site are accurate. Is it true that 90 - 95% of roofers do it wrong -
placing the adhesive strip too high up on the starter course?

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Roofing-1...question-1.htm