Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
burtwitlin burtwitlin is offline

Default Re Reverse chucking a bowl

I don't believe this is true for all chucks. I once managed to get the
jaws buggered up. As I remember it was something like 1 & 3 or 2 & 4
being reversed. Maybe it was both sets. It might also have been that I
had the wrong jaw number on the wrong jaw slide or the jaw slides in
the wrong place. I remember it happened and can't remember the
details. What ever it was the jaws closed properly. The problem
occured when I changed jaws. Then I wen nuts trying to figure out what
was going on. I finally took everything apart and very carefully
matched numbers. One thing is certain. I'm not going out to the shop
and deliberately bugger up a chuck to see if I can figure out what I
did wrong before. Point is you need to make sure that the jaw slide
goes in the right chuck slot and the right jaw attaches to the right
jaw slide.