Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance,uk.legal
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Need urgent advice on where to buy a home for elderly relative

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Kristen" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 8:35 am, "Clive George" wrote:
"Kristen" wrote in message

snip
- A home, preferably with a good sized piece of land to keep her
active in the garden
- Within my budget of 50k
- In a quiet, peaceful and safe rural area (the sort of place where
people leave front doors unlocked)
- Has a low cost of living
- Has good healthcare (where she won't have to drive for miles to the
nearest clinic)
- Has a friendly, large Anglican/CoE community who will take care of
her

snip
Thanks for your advice. I am speaking to other relatives at the moment
to see if they are willing to provide financial support for the one
that is separating from the family, but at the moment I am
conservatively assuming I'll be the only one willing to help her out.

Even something simple like this will do for an elderly woman with no
family:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...y-8430903.html
Offers in Region of £49,950
2 bedroom chalet for sale
22 Panteidal, Aberdovey, LL35 0RG

This only has 7 years left on the lease.

tim