Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Current tile cutter recommendations?

In article
,
NT wrote:
Generally you have to do them freehand. So not easy to do lots
*exactly* the same - unlike when using a fence.

If you want accurate repeated cuts, take a piece of thin board, place
tile in position, mark and put in some screws. Slide the whole
assembly through.

The erbauer comes with a palstic guide for 45 degree cuts, handy for
those iffy looking diagonal tile jobs.

My Plasplugs has a similar idea - except that it is pivoted to allow most
angles. Not too clever to use, though - you really need three hands. I can
imagine a sliding saw type being so much easier.

--
*If I worked as much as others, I would do as little as they *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.