Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance,uk.legal
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Need urgent advice on where to buy a home for elderly relative

"Doki" wrote in message

- Has a low cost of living
- Has good healthcare (where she won't have to drive for miles to the
nearest clinic)

You need a large town or city for that. I live in a small town at the
moment. There is one supermarket. Everything is far more expensive that it
should be. Buying clothes or anything more exotic than a bulb of garlic
requires travelling to another town.

I live a mile from a town of 3000 people, which I think probably counts as
small. There's two supermarkets - slightly more expensive than an asda or
lidl, but not painfully so by any means - probably similar to normal posh
supermarket price, but they sell a full range of food. There's a very good
doctors surgery + clinic in the town which copes with anything not needing
full-on hospital work.

It's also got plenty of clothes available for the older generation, but that
probably doesn't interest you :-)