Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default The weight of wood...

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I do remember the 6x4 beam across an old shed we used to put a 5
tonne yacht pulley and hoist on to lift a Morris 1500 engine
out..only when the 5 tonne pulley bent, and the beam deflected
about 6 inches, did we realise that the whole front of the car was
3 " off the deck.. 'er I think the engine has caught on something
chaps'

Weigh more than 5 tons, that Morris, did it?

Si

No. What we discovered was that a '5 ton breaking strain pulley'
breaks at 5 tons.

It gets totally buggered at about 1.5 tho ;-)

It just didn't actually break..

That's an excellent get-out they had there!

"Didn't break, did it?"

Si