Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garage door opener won't close

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:25:59 -0400, Van Chocstraw
wrote:

I put my sensors above the door. That way I don't kick them any more
when walking by in the dark. Safety? A kid can hold the button down and
crush the dog or a baby. The whole thing is idiotic.

One company has developed sensors in the main unit (opener/operator).
No need for sensors, anywhere on the walls. Dogs and children are
protected.

"When purchased with a new Martin door, openers are automatically
upgraded to Soft-Touch Reverse Technology™ which eliminates the need
for photo eyes.**"

I'm biased about this company, purchased and use the door - with an
old opener. I'm happy!

http://martindoor.com/Garage-Doors-O...r-Openers.aspx