Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Garage door opener won't close

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
news
I put my sensors above the door. That way I don't kick them any more when
walking by in the dark. Safety? A kid can hold the button down and crush
the dog or a baby. The whole thing is idiotic.

I thought of doing something like that also. Then I decided to mount them
about 18 to 24 inches off the floor. High enough that if my car or truck
did not go all the way in the garage maybe the sensors would see them. The
car is not much of a problem,but my truck only has about a foot or so of
space in the front or back..

I had to buy a short-wheelbase minivan, because the long ones would have
come within 3" of the closed door....

--
aem sends...