Posted to alt.home.repair
Master Betty[_2_] Master Betty[_2_] is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Master Betty wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
How Freudian. You liberals tend to suffer from Pension Envy.
Next thing, you'll want to marry your mother. Conservatives
see success and want to imitate it. Liberals see success and
want the government to punish it.

Worth it?

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Sigh!

Progessives (i.e., Paul Krugman) like to front this report from the World
Health Organization. The methodology used to create the report is so
flawed, however, that the report has been debunked countless times. These
criticisms, from health organizations such as the American Public Health
Association, have been so severe, that even WHO gave up on creating this
report in 2000.

The WHO report relies on DALE [Disability-Adjusted Life Expectancy] and
this skews into the sunset all manner of statistics. For example, consider
South Africa which has the finest health system on the continent and was
the site of the world's first heart transplant! The WHO study ranks South
Africa 175th out of 191 countries!

How did South Africa get such a low ranking in the WHO study?

AIDS.

And the prevelance of AIDS and its effect on mortality has almost NOTHING
to do with the health care delivery system or its cost - or at least it
didn't in the decade leading up to 2000.

No, the WHO study is a decade out of date and, even when it was current,
was bunk.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009...econdrate.html

.....there is some truth to what you are saying...No study is going to be
perfect but to totally dismiss it is also a mistake.

A decade really isn't that long considering nothing in our country has
changed much other than Rx coverage for seniors.

Forgive me if I still find it relevant even though some guy on the internet
named "Heybub" says it's poo poo. :-)

You know, you guys seem to be missing the big picture.

Look at the cost savings of streamlining the healthcare system to a one
payer system.

I'm not going to try to convince you because I doubt you have the knowledge
I have from working in the beast for over a decade.

HC in the US involves so much bureaucracy. I've spent hours in Social
Security hearings with ALJs Doctors and Therapist. The time those hearings
take could be eliminated right there. You may get the opportunity to get a
Medicare claim denied and you'll see what I mean.

The 2 payer system creates another massive layer of paper work most people
are not really aware of. A HUGE portion of your hc dollar goes to needless
paperwork and feeding a world of paper pushers you are not probably totally
aware of.

If we did go to a "national" hc system this ALL could be done with a push of
the button by THE DOCTOR. No billing office!

I've debated this before and found most ng bloggers lack much of an
understanding about the process. Sorry, but to me, you guys are like fish in
a barrel. Face it........there is a lot we need to learn.