Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Incandescent lightbulbs

someone pretended :
I understand that from 1st September yet more incandescent lightbulbs will
become unavailable, probably 60 watt.

Does anybody know what we are all supposed to do regarding home appliances
that use incandescent bulbs: e.g. refrigerator, oven, extractor fan, sewing
machine. These appliances cannot accommodate huge energy-saving bulbs, they
won't even fit into the fitting. What are we supposed to do? Is there any
government advice about this or are we supposed to scrap all our appliances?

The lamps used for fridges etc. are 15w and are supposed to be still
available for a long time yet, but they are now making some quite small
energy saver (CFL) lamps and there are also some really tiny 240v LED
lamps. Probably LED will be the way to go for fridges, where they are
turned on and off frequently and you need instant light.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)