Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme Graeme is offline

Default (Probably OT) Problems with Windows Media Player, Videolan etc.

Apologies to those who have read this elsewhere.

I have a problem playing DVDs on my XP PC, in that the video is fine,
but the sound is badly distorted - sort of sounds like someone with a
stutter, but at very high speed.

This arises using any player on my PC, and any DVD, whether shop bought
or home made. The problem does not occur when playing AUDIO_TS and
VIDEO_TS files on my hard drive, or when playing an iso file. The
problem only occurs after the files have been burned to DVD, but only on
my PC.

No problems playing avi files, mp3s or any other audio files. The DVDs
all play perfectly on other PCs and DVD players. Something is falling
apart when the files are burned to DVD, but what?

--
Graeme