Posted to alt.home.repair
Mint Mint is offline

Default Garage door opener won't close

On Aug 25, 10:39*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 25, 9:20*am, Mint wrote:

On Aug 24, 7:40*pm, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:09:02 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

The red light in the door sensor is blinking.

I found a manual and found out that the red LED blinks when the
sensors are not aligned.
The LED is supposed to be on all the time.

Should be a simple repair.

Andy

Damn funny what an instruction manual can tell you. *On mine, there are
certain times of the day when sunlight shines on it that it will not close
but do the up and down thing until you stand in front of the sun and shade
it.

Steve

BTDT. From the door rail to the inside wall corners is about 18-20
inches on both of my garage doors. The single door facing west gets
serious sun at triple digits much of the summer.

An installer, suggested placing a wooden block on the wall, same
height, but closer to the corner wall. This would allow the sensor to
be in a shaded location and not have it bothered by the sun.

In my case I had new sensors put in. So far no problem with sun or
heat. We placed them at the original location, but they are better
sensors.

I saw in the manual about the effect of sun on the sensers.

Putting a "hood" around the senser might work too.

Andy- Hide quoted text -

Putting a "hood" around the senser might work too

You mean they don't have sun in the hood?

Houston, Texas has more than enough sun and humidity. :-)
We could use some full solar eclipses right now.

Andy