Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT... GPS's

On Aug 25, 11:13*am, "SteveB" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Aug 25, 7:35 am, George wrote:

RobertPatrick wrote:
"Mike" wrote in
:

Do you own one, if so, what brand?

Buying a gift for someone, and have been reading reviews until I'm
blue in the face. Looking to spend around $250. Been looking on
NewEgg, any suggestions for competitors?

Thanks

New Egg is a good site. I bought my Garmin from
http://www.tigerdirect.com/.

I got the Garmin nuvi 360. I think it's discontinued now. Two years ago
was stupid enough to pay $700+ for a TomTom. As soon as the warranty ran
out, the unit died. Will never buy a TomTom again.

They all have comparable prices. One failure is a pretty small
statistical sample size.- Hide quoted text -

They all have comparable prices.

Huh? GPS prices range from under $100 to over $5,000.

How does that range fit "They all have comparable prices"?

reply: *They're all quoted in US $ ?- Hide quoted text -

As far as I know...

http://www.bizrate.com/gps/brand--ga..._sort--6..html

Top price - close to $10K for a marine quality unit with a large
screen, DVD player, etc.

Even if you just consider the range of prices for "normal consumer
GPS's", a range of under $100 to close to a grand doesn't fit my
definition of "they all have comparable prices".

Sure, maybe if you base the price on a feature for feature comparison,
they might have comparable prices, but that blanket statement doesn't
work for the entire range of devices available.