Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT... GPS's

SteveB wrote:
"RobertPatrick" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in
:

Do you own one, if so, what brand?

Buying a gift for someone, and have been reading reviews until I'm
blue in the face. Looking to spend around $250. Been looking on
NewEgg, any suggestions for competitors?

Thanks

New Egg is a good site. I bought my Garmin from
http://www.tigerdirect.com/ .

I got the Garmin nuvi 360. I think it's discontinued now. Two years ago
was stupid enough to pay $700+ for a TomTom. As soon as the warranty ran
out, the unit died. Will never buy a TomTom again.

Man, you WERE stupid! Units all over the place for half that. What
motivated you to buy a $700 unit? Mine was a gift at $100, and their
smallest unit. I'd buy another in a second if this one dies, and I'll just
skip it like a stone at the lake and not feel bad.

Steve

Likely his "two year" time frame was more than that. It wasn't that long
ago when $700 was the typical price for a GPS which had fewer features
than say a $250 unit might have now.