Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT... GPS's

On Aug 25, 7:34*am, George wrote:
Mike wrote:
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

But short answer, if we knew what you were going to be using it for, we
might be able to give you better advice. *Me, I got a Garmin nuvi 500,
which is pretty much an all-around compromise - it's mostly driving
centric, but doesn't have spoken street names and has a smaller screen
than some other models.

This is the one I'm looking at. It will be used for driving.
http://www.newegg.com:80/Product/Pro...82E16858108329

I think the TomTom has better prompting when it is giving directions.
Two friends have different Garmin Nuvis and I don't care for the
display. One day I was with my friend and neither of us could understand
the turn instructions it was giving in a city area and he uses the thing
every day.

Did you try the TomTom in the same location?

It's not fair to slam one brand unless you know how the other brand
would have handled the same situation.