Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

"Master Betty" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
ktos wrote in
:

" wrote in news:hs-
:

clipped

BTW,Obama has said he expects to drive private insurers out of the
healthcare business,and that it would take 10-15 years to do it.
It's a GOAL of Obama's to have only a "single payer" system.
NO competition(with the resultant savings),no choice.

Nobody seems to mention the potential savings in other areas if
there was a public system for basic care....

Your new car might cost 20% less.

Scrap the Workers Comp system and just cover "work related"
accidents and illnesses same as all others. Even without the
crooks and ambulance chasers, I suspect that at least 50% of
repetitive motion and back injuries are mostly the result of
overweight and out-of-condition folks who lawyer up to get tax-free
benefits. The waste in fighting to get a condition considered
"work related" is horrendous. The crooks are sucking money right
out of your pocket in monies that could be paid to good, honest
people in wages.

I worked with one employer to change their company doctor .. even
paid taxi fare for transportation to larger cities 40-100 mi.
away...saved 100k the first year. The government isn't my enemy;
it is crooked, lazy, irresponsible "neighbors" who want the maximum
benefit for themselves, who want "someone else" to pay for it, and
who consider themselves "conservative".

The ones who complain are the ones who are getting their health
insurance subsidized by their employer.

It's to the employer's benefit to have healthy employees.

I have to pay the full price
for mine. Add dental ins. on top of that.

Plus I'm forced to pay for pregnancy benefits I don't need. I'm
sure a lot of other people have to pay in full as I do.

I'd like to see these coddled people pay income tax on the free
portion the employer pays for. They'd sure change their bitchin'
really fast.

Government has never run anything efficiently.
And Obama has never run any business.
All he's been is a place-holder,voted "present" most of the time,and
gypped
the State of Illinois and the US people by taking salary while NOT
doing his job.

I don't know the particular of the bill(s) in congress now but:

The US is the only industrialized country with "for profit" health
insurance companies.

ah,another communist,who thinks people should not earn "profits".

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html (kind of speaks for
itself)

When Switzerland reached 6% uninsured they instituted healthcare
reform. The US has 17%. That's just too many people w/o coverage no
matter how you look at it.

so MOVE to Switzerland,if you like they way THEY do it.

It's time to stop with the bickering and fix the problem. It doesn't
necessarily need to be a "public" option. Fundamental changes to
health insurance, Rx pricing, and tort reform would be a good start
IMHO.

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnH...al_lies_about_
obamacare

--