Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default OT... GPS's

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've been reading your comments in this thread- and paid minimal
attention to your experience with different models of these things.

But this sold me- If I ever take the plunge, I'm gettin' me a Nuvi.g

-snip-
I have a utility that allows me to change the things that my Nuvi
says.

Some examples...

"Make a U-turn" is now "Turn Around, Fool." (as per Mr. T)
"Recalculating" is now "Lost Again!"
"Arriving at ..." is now "Yahoo! You made it to..."

Does it also have user-changeable databases? I've looked at these
things off and on for a few years. But I travel so little & enjoy
being lost so much, and enjoy maps more than the average bear. . . so
I keep putting it off.

One of the great features I read about one of them was user-groups,
where folks could share databases. So if I was coming to your
neck-of-the-woods you could hook me up with all the points of
interest, shortcuts, work-zones & eateries better than some huge
database updated by the beaurocracy.

Jim