Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default WEEE/RoHS/PbF rogues gallery

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Is anyone collecting pics?
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra.../pbf_crack.jpg
My micrograph setup only allows one magnification.
This one on an amp of 2006 with the tell-tale green RoHS sticker on the
back, only in for a dodgey speakon connector. Usual looking pbf solder
that
looks as though its been in a damp shed for 10 years.
But magnified visual inspection of the pcb showed this 1/4 of a circle
crack
in developement around the pin of an 80V, 6800uF. About 1mm between X at
pin
centre and the crack, left hand end shows the complete solder. Any guesses
how long before total failure if unattended to ?
I suppose the purists here would say leave it alone, as it is what the
designer/manufacturer specified.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Careful ....