Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur 51 Arthur 51 is offline

Default Flat screen tv wall mounting - Idea

Hi all.
My house is a 100 yeard terrace and I won't have
any problem when it comes to using a wall mount for a big lcd telly.
But most of the timber framed new builds will have a medium sized
problem.
And I think that its people in new builds that are creating the market
for tv stands
(expensive and horrible)
So why doesn't some guy produce a concrete block that would fit into a
gap created
by the removal of 4 house bricks from an external wall?
eg.
=======
=======||========
=======
The part of the concrete plug that fite into this gap would be a bit
less than the width of
a brick to allow a 'brick facing' to be glued on to match the other
bricks.
The inner part of the concrete plug could be about 9" square or more
and about 3" deep.
So the method
1 Choose location between vertical timbers.
2. Cut out plaster board
3 Cut out insulation
4.Chip out 4 bricks.
5 Install concrete plug
6 Bit of infill around the inside of the concrete square.
7 Bit iof plaster skimming.
8 Glue on brick facings.
DONE!
Then, 'Mr New Build Owner' can fix his wall mount and add 2 square
metres of
floor space to his living room.

This would probably do for 80% of new builds.

Your thoughts please!

Arthur