Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Replacing anode rods in water heaters?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Roger Shoaf wrote:
"bob haller" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 8:19?am, wrote:

DONT open plastic tank drain valves, they have ONLY one purpose to
drain tank atr end of life!!

Nonsense. I've used them multiple times without problems.

Do a search on the history in this newsgroup and see how many posts
deal with broke drain valves on water heaters. One of the biggest
problems with valves is non use and they get corroded and cannot turn
or will not seal when closed. While at it, check for the posts about
washing machine valves that don't close too.

I just heard a story this morning about a job gone wrong. A crane
and crew called in to replace some equipment. Crew was told,
everything is ready, you just have to turn the air off. Well, the
air valve has not been turned in years. It was a five hour project
getting it turned off.

But
I don't wait for years before using the valve. Maybe that's the difference.