Posted to alt.home.repair
Master Betty[_2_] Master Betty[_2_] is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Master Betty wrote:

What do you think needs fixing?

The millions of uninsured and our declining standard of care compared
to the rest of the world. Do some research on the life expectancy of
Americans as opposed to other industrialized countries. We are losing
the race in hc and it's a damn shame our congress can't stand up to
the insurance, drug companies and lawyers.

Our standard of care far exceeds that in any other part of the world.
There are about 200 MRI machines in all of Canada. We've got that many in
my town!

Life expectancy is not a precise metric for health care. Deaths are caused
by many things, including:

* Auto collisions
* Gang warfare
* Terrorism
* War
* Justifiable homicide (self defense) & suicides
* Industrial accidents
* Executions of criminals
* Infant deaths which in other countries are called "stillborn"

When someone plows into a bridge abutment at 100 mph, he's dead long
before the health care delivery system gets a chance to become involved.
This can't happen in, for example, Cuba because a) They don't have any
cars that can GO 100 mph and b) Their bridges are made of wood (or straw).

Great stuff....

Who knows? Maybe too late.....grand ma maybe a good source of grd cat food.

:-)