Posted to alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove,uk.d-i-y
james james is offline

Default Tripe

In message , Mack A. Damia
writes
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:58:43 +0100, james
wrote:

I think it was Mr Pennington, a food technician, who recommended
draining baked beans. His view was that the baked beans were fine, that
the problem was with all the crap: salt, sugar, msg, tomato paste etc in
the sauce. He maintained that there was far too much sugar and sauce
used as a bulking mouth-appeal agent in baked beans anyway and that one
was unlikely to notice the removal of most of it anyway.

I'd be curious about the taste. I've often thought of making my own
baked beans from scratch, but I've never gotten a round tuit.

Why not give it a trial? All that's required is to leave a dollop of
beans from a can in a strainer. I doubt if you'll notice any difference
apart from the fact that little is drowned on your place.
--
James Follett