Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

Master Betty wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
ktos wrote in
:

" wrote in news:hs-
:

clipped

BTW,Obama has said he expects to drive private insurers out of the
healthcare business,and that it would take 10-15 years to do it.
It's a GOAL of Obama's to have only a "single payer" system.
NO competition(with the resultant savings),no choice.

Nobody seems to mention the potential savings in other areas if there
was a public system for basic care....

Your new car might cost 20% less.

Scrap the Workers Comp system and just cover "work related" accidents
and illnesses same as all others. Even without the crooks and
ambulance chasers, I suspect that at least 50% of repetitive motion
and back injuries are mostly the result of overweight and
out-of-condition folks who lawyer up to get tax-free benefits. The
waste in fighting to get a condition considered "work related" is
horrendous. The crooks are sucking money right out of your pocket in
monies that could be paid to good, honest people in wages.

I worked with one employer to change their company doctor .. even
paid taxi fare for transportation to larger cities 40-100 mi.
away...saved 100k the first year. The government isn't my enemy; it
is crooked, lazy, irresponsible "neighbors" who want the maximum
benefit for themselves, who want "someone else" to pay for it, and
who consider themselves "conservative".

The ones who complain are the ones who are getting their health
insurance subsidized by their employer.

It's to the employer's benefit to have healthy employees.

I have to pay the full price
for mine. Add dental ins. on top of that.

Plus I'm forced to pay for pregnancy benefits I don't need. I'm sure
a lot of other people have to pay in full as I do.

I'd like to see these coddled people pay income tax on the free
portion the employer pays for. They'd sure change their bitchin'
really fast.

Government has never run anything efficiently.
And Obama has never run any business.
All he's been is a place-holder,voted "present" most of the time,and
gypped
the State of Illinois and the US people by taking salary while NOT doing
his job.

I don't know the particular of the bill(s) in congress now but:

The US is the only industrialized country with "for profit" health
insurance
companies.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html (kind of speaks for
itself)

When Switzerland reached 6% uninsured they instituted healthcare reform.
The
US has 17%. That's just too many people w/o coverage no matter how you look
at it.

It's time to stop with the bickering and fix the problem. It doesn't
necessarily need to be a "public" option. Fundamental changes to health
insurance, Rx pricing, and tort reform would be a good start IMHO.

If government would stop meddling with the free market, the problem
would solve itself. Right now, the taxes could be lifted off medical
care and pharmaceuticals and prices would drop overnight. Allow people
to shop across state line for their medical insurance for the coverage
they want not what some legislator has decided everyone must have like
mental health coverage. Hell, all I want is my insurance to cover me
if a crazy person attacks me. I don't plan on becoming schizophrenic
any time soon. I don't plan on getting pregnant either so why should
I be forced to pay for that sort of coverage? Government fiddling and
mandates have screwed up medical care in the U.S. If citizens think
health care is too expensive, stop serving on juries that award some
moron 10 million for a hangnail. Everyone blames it on greedy lawyers
but it's the juries who are rendering the jackpot verdicts. Perhaps
Obamacare is a back door for giving doctors and hospitals immunity
from lawsuits, if the government winds up owning the hospitals and
being the doctor's employer nobody will be very successful with any
kind of lawsuit. OH MY GOD, I just realized, if the government takes
over health care, we'll be menaced by Affirmative Action doctors.
Woe is we.

TDD