Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Replacing a redwood deck

dpb wrote:
Kate wrote:
Can someone tell me if a concrete company can pour a nice deck and
steps after a home has been built. I know it is easy to do in a new
home, but this is not a new home.

I just want to be sure it looks nice as I am quite fussy.

"Can" isn't the same as "will"...

Sure, it can be done; the trick will be finding a competent crew that
will do a job up to what you expect. Get references; check up on them
including going to look at some of their work would be my recommendation.

Would you go the concrete route, or stick with TREX?

That's your pick based on what you want it to look like. If the
moisture issues are cured, it's possible the wood deck could be an
attractive feature whereas a poured concrete deck/porch/steps is poured
concrete. Of course, there are ways to gussy-up that as well, but I
think it's essentially a choice of what you want the appearance to be
and what the budget is.

-- It is a very small area, and a nice white bench covers a lot of it, plus

I would have two huge baskets of flowers on each side of it.

A friend builds houses, as a hobby just for himself, and he is helping
me decide on a company to do this.

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Kate