Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

ktos wrote:
" wrote in news:hs-
:

clipped
BTW,Obama has said he expects to drive private insurers out of the
healthcare business,and that it would take 10-15 years to do it.
It's a GOAL of Obama's to have only a "single payer" system.
NO competition(with the resultant savings),no choice.

Nobody seems to mention the potential savings in other areas if there
was a public system for basic care....

Your new car might cost 20% less.

Scrap the Workers Comp system and just cover "work related" accidents
and illnesses same as all others. Even without the crooks and ambulance
chasers, I suspect that at least 50% of repetitive motion and back
injuries are mostly the result of overweight and out-of-condition folks
who lawyer up to get tax-free benefits. The waste in fighting to get a
condition considered "work related" is horrendous. The crooks are
sucking money right out of your pocket in monies that could be paid to
good, honest people in wages.

I worked with one employer to change their company doctor .. even paid
taxi fare for transportation to larger cities 40-100 mi. away...saved
100k the first year. The government isn't my enemy; it is crooked,
lazy, irresponsible "neighbors" who want the maximum benefit for
themselves, who want "someone else" to pay for it, and who consider
themselves "conservative".

The ones who complain are the ones who are getting their health insurance
subsidized by their employer. I have to pay the full price for mine. Add
dental ins. on top of that.

Or not. I pay the full cost of my health insurance and dental out of
pocket. I don't want Obamacare. I don't want big government.

Plus I'm forced to pay for pregnancy benefits I don't need. I'm sure a lot
of other people have to pay in full as I do.

I'd like to see these coddled people pay income tax on the free portion the
employer pays for. They'd sure change their bitchin' really fast.

Actually I know quite a number of people who pay for their own health
insurance and just like me they don't want Obamacare.