Posted to alt.home.repair
Master Betty Master Betty is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

"aemeijers" wrote in message
windcrest wrote:
On Aug 23, 1:15 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Noahbuddy wrote:

...out of the mouth of an ignorant screamer at town hall meetings.
Rumors were started by the gutter-trash former gov. of Alaska.
There's some truth to some of what you say. You've got to admit,
however,
it's effective.

Me? I'm not worried about grandma getting unplugged; I'm worried about
whether she'll get plugged up in the first place.

Yes you have to read between the lines with the govt. healt care. He
did say gradma would not get unplugged, but notice that he omitted
completely, nor did the press ask, if she would get high-tech life
support in the first place. So he was speaking the truth, but
probably by omission.

Guess what? IMHO, most grandmas (and grandpas) would prefer to NOT get
plugged up in the first place, once they are past a certain point on the
decay curve. It should be their decision, of course, not the family's and
for damn sure not the doctor's. But of the older relatives and friends I
have discussed this with (now that I am going gray), pretty much all of
them said that once they are not aware of their surroundings, they would
just as soon not hang around. They all routinely insist on DNR orders when
they go into the hospital.
Said orders apply if their gatekeeper physician decides that recovery to a
functional self-sufficient state is unlikely. Keep them clean, keep them
out of pain, but otherwise let nature take its course.

--
aem sends....

I worked in a nursing home business office for over 10 years and I'd be
willing to bet if assisted suicide was legal it would be very popular in
nursing homes. Death, for the seriously ill, can be the best cure.