Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

Douglas Johnson wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:

or any government.
at least with private insurance companies and hospitals,you can
negotiate with them,and sue them.
You can't do either with the government.(practically speaking)

You'd be long dead by the time the case got to court.

BTW,the whole "death panel" thing is about some gov't committee
deciding whether one gets expensive treatments,probably using
actuarial tables. Get too old *or in poor shape*,and the unknown gov't
committee says NO to further treatments,only allowing(paying for)
mediation of pain and suffering.

For most grandmas, the government is already paying the bills through
Medicare. They don't have any death panels and haven't for over 40
years. Based on my experiences with my parents, Medicare would have
pay for a whole lot more health care than they wanted.

yes,and Obama wants to change that,to cut costs.
After all,Medicare and Medicaid are both operating at a loss.

I also note that supplemental insurance is offered to cover what those
plans will not cover.

The whole death panel thing and it's variants is pure scare tactics.

No,it's a possible consequence of Obama's "change".

I wish this discussion could be kept on a factual, rational plain.
Yes, some of the people in favor of health care are using emotional
tactics as well. "Evil profit making insurance companies."

-- Doug

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik