Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Exterior door question

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:22:14 -0400, "benick"
wrote:

Getting ready to paint my exterior door trim on your regular run of the mill
steele door with brickmoulding ..They are new....Can I remove the weather
stripping that goes around the door to make it a better , easier job..It's
the kind that snaps into the wood and the door closes against....I
experimented with it by trying to pop it out and did get it started then I
popped it back in so I think I can but wanted to double check...In the past
I just cut around it but it is a PITA......Any special tricks or methods to
not break anything ??? Thanks for any help

If the strip looks likes this sample, yes just get one end started and
pull the strip out. When paint do not fill the channel with paint.

http://www.goldylocksinc.com/images/...hrstrp2-sm.jpg