Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

In article ,
" wrote:

Scrap the Workers Comp system and just cover "work related" accidents
and illnesses same as all others. Even without the crooks and ambulance
chasers, I suspect that at least 50% of repetitive motion and back
injuries are mostly the result of overweight and out-of-condition folks
who lawyer up to get tax-free benefits. The waste in fighting to get a
condition considered "work related" is horrendous. The crooks are
sucking money right out of your pocket in monies that could be paid to
good, honest people in wages.

A lot of this is political, too. Shocked that I know you are. For
instance, there are a whole list of diseases (COPD, cancers and even
Parkinsons) that by statute are automatically work-related in
firefighters. Others have similar carve outs.

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.