Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Why I hate Norm Abrams

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"willshak" wrote

It's just entertainment, and not a learning program. I suppose many of
the viewers don't have any thoughts of building anything they see on the
show, or even have the tools to build it. I put it in the same category
of shows like "How It's Made" and "American Chopper", where the viewer is
not looking for a way to make a Hockey helmet or a custom motorcycle.

American Chopper is less and less about motorcycles. It more and more
about the Tuetel family soap opera. And watch daddy get rich while he
drives his sons away. There has been a couple recent episodes where less
than ten minutes of the show had anything to do with building a bike.

Is the show even on any more? I have not seen any new episodes since
Spring.
IMHO it has always been about the drama and I don't really think daddy drove
his sons away, more like pushed them out of the nest. It was mostly Sr.'s
fault for putting up with the nonsense for all those years.
I would have fired both of the sons long before now. Mikey is pretty much a
distraction, no more no less. Paul Jr., no work ethic.