Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

You see, I want to be assured that my physician is always on my side,
that he will never, ever, contemplate taking my life. It is his job
to INTERFERE with the death process. He will always lose, but he
should never, never, never quit trying.

It is his/her job to do what is best for you medically. Period.
Exclamation point.

but who PAYS for whatever treatment the doc decides?
THAT is where the "death panels" step in.
No doc is going to sell their services at a loss or give them away for
free. Nor should they be forced to.
The result would be doctors leaving the practice,and fewer new doctors
entering practice;less service and longer waits.
This is evident in other countries.

If that is help you shuffle off this mortal coil,
then they should be able to give you their best available advice.

Advice only goes so far,then treatment (or denial of treatment)is
necessary.

That
sometimes may include stopping the artifical and letting nature take
its course. About the only part of the plan I can get into without
reservation is that the counselling should be done. Actually BEFORE
you are in an extremis situation.

What about accidents?

--
Jim Yanik