Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Replacing a redwood deck

"Kate" wrote in message
I am thinking about hiring a concrete company to pour a concrete deck and
steps. Then, I don't have to worry about wood rotting, boards needing to
be treated every summer, and TREX flaking.

My home has vinyl siding.

Can someone tell me if a concrete company can pour a nice deck and steps
after a home has been built. I know it is easy to do in a new home, but
this is not a new home.

I just want to be sure it looks nice as I am quite fussy.

Would you go the concrete route, or stick with TREX?

Many thanks everyone.

Kate

I go with a stamped concrete. Yes, it can be done after the house is built.
Concrete is durable, never needs painting, and IMO is far superior that
decking materials.

My deck is about 9' off the ground so I poured a concrete patio under it.
We love it and use it more than the deck.