Posted to alt.home.repair
internaughtfull internaughtfull is offline

Default help with removing faucet

On Aug 20, 10:36*pm, Chris Hill wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:18:02 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull

wrote:
Hi,

Any advice on using basin wrench/break away spray to get
the mounting nuts off an old sink? TNT? I can't see how they
would get these things on that tight to begin with, they are
so recessed.

If it is like the ones I dealt with a while back, the nut is
surrounded by a metal piece so closely that a socket won't fit. *If
that is the case, get a socket that almost fits, hold it on and beat
it until it stays. *Yes it sucked! At least I didn't break the sink.

Discovered that a cordless drill and a basic wood/metal/plastic bit
can drill thru the nut in two spots which allows easy removal with
needlenose pliers. The T bar on the basin wrench got bent with an
extension it was stuck so tightly. Anyway, the brass nut drills thru
fairly easily.