Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Why I hate Norm Abrams

On Aug 23, 11:29*pm, aemeijers wrote:
RonB wrote:
Did anyone catch the quote from the TV Show "House" about Norm?

House's oncologist friend Wilson was staying with him between
marriages. *He noted surprise that House had New Yankee Workshop
marked as a favorite on his on-screen menu.

He said "Gee House, I never figured you as the woodworking type."

House responded (paraphrase): "Oh yeah. *A total moron in a building
full of ultra-sharp woodworking machinery. *As a physician, the
suspense is unbearable!"

But I still like Norm.

RonB

Norm is a machinist that happens to work in wood rather than metal.

I think you are right. My father in law was a machinist for years and
then started doing wood. He and Norm have a lot in common in the way
they work.
While my father in law can turn out some really beautiful pieces often
there seems to be something missing. Maybe its that the lines are too
straight and the circles too machine perfectly round.

Jimmie