Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Current tile cutter recommendations?

On Aug 24, 10:54*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim S
writes

Hi,

In about a week I'll be tiling the bathroom. Over the whole house I'll be
looking at about 40m2 of floor tiling (eventually!) and wall tiling for
kitchen, bathroom and shower.

Is it worth going to one of these:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89584/...Titan-SF1180-6
00W-Radial-Tile-Cutter

(Sliding saw)

or is it better to do as many tiles with a score n snap jig and use one of
these for the awkward cuts:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/83636/...Titan-600w-Til
e-Cutter

Last time I did any tiling, I used a hand scriber and a pencil (or somesuch)
to snap over, but that was the 80's and for one small space.

Hmm.. cheap enough!

I have some 300x300mm 10mm floor tiles to do so might try one.

The Erbauer version has a more powerful motor and the blade is offset
perhaps allowing larger tiles to be cut.

regards

The tabletop type tile saw is more than enough, I dont see a need for
the sliding type. And yes, they make tiling a joy, you get near zero
wastage, perfect edges, and they're very quick too. And of course they
do narrow strips and complex edges, which arent so easy with score and
snap.

I'd sooner buy erbauer than titan myself, screwfix have them for not
too much

NT