Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Starling Dave Starling is offline

Default Again: Alternatives to ebay

In practice Ebay have a monopoly and they can ride roughshod over
everyone. You only have to look at their decision to change the user
interface last year without giving longtime users a classic vs modern
option The high fees are killing it off for the small time users and
in most cases its not worth selling. I suppose you can understand
their chance with P&P policy for fee avoidance when you see listings
from the far East for a £5 BIN with £30 P&P.

Its worth seeing if there is CheapCycle yahoo group in your area. Its
an variation to FreeCycle and you are allowed to sell items up to
£500. An item I was going to take the tip got £15 and a very pleased
punter. Carboot sales shouldn't be forgotton although they do have a
stigma for some people.

Dave