Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Why I hate Norm Abrams

Jon Danniken wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Well, I don't personally hate him. Don't even know the guy.

But that's the title of the latest piece by one of my favorite
columnists in the /Berkeley Daily Planet/, Matt Cantor, local owner
of a home-inspection business who writes a weekly column on home
repair and

What do you expect? It's Berkeley, where the odds of using any tool
for its intended purpose (as opposed for deviant sexual practices
between consenting gophers) is next to nothing. They are good at
"building" Molotovs and joints there, I have to admit ...

LOL, those were my thoughts exactly. Someone from Berzerkely finding
something to whine about, yeah, why am I not all that surprised?

Jon (who also enjoys watching NASA launch rockets into space, and doesn't
feel that incompetence should be encouraged to make idiots feel better about
themselves).

Well, in fairness, Berzerkely did give us BSD Unix ... sort of ...
with the help of the best and brightest from the then Bell Labs crowd.
This ultimately gave us TCP/IP and the internet. The irony is that
this was funded by ARPA - the research arm of the Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil
government military technocrats. I wonder how many of the smelly
hippies stumbling against the cause of the day realized that their CS
department was building a technology infrastructure designed to be
survivable (by the military) in the face of nuclear exchange.

As to Norm - I rather like his show. I am smart enough to realize that
you do not build an armoire' in 22 minutes plus commercials, even with
every tool Porter Cable makes. I also don't much care for his
aesthetic sensibility. BUT ... it's nice to watch a master craftsman
doing his job. It's an good insight into how grown up WWing is done
for us relative rookies.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/