Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Concrete Garage Floor Question

On Aug 23, 3:41�pm, Dave wrote:
On Aug 23, 4:33�pm, bob haller wrote:

So would that be the idea? Bring in an expert to cut it back and pour
in new? I wasn't sure how well new concrete would adhere to the old
stuff once it was cut back.

I assume that proper care after would help to extend its life properly?- Hide quoted text -

yeah and they should pin the old concrete to the new provided its
thick enough.

at this point do clean remove all loose material and do the top and
bond coating. let cure for at least a month before coating with
something like thompsons water seal so water and salt cant penetrate
and cause future damage.

in the future you can always replace the floor if needed before say
home resale

Apologies for my ignorance - what exactly is top and bond coating?- Hide quoted text -

top and bond is a special kinda concrete made to be thin, it recoats
damaged surfaces. not as good as a new slab but often does the job