Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave[_44_] Dave[_44_] is offline

Default Concrete Garage Floor Question

On Aug 23, 3:30*pm, Red Green wrote:
Dave wrote in news:7061c423-0543-4ec3-8987-
:

Hi folks,

I'm in a cold climate - eastern Canada.

The apron (for lack of a better term) of my 30 year-old concrete
garage floor is starting to chip rather badly. You can see the nature
of the chipping he

http://myplace.route2.pe.ca/dave.gal...age/garage.jpg

Any ideas on how best to not only stop the decay, but how it might be
returned to its original condition?

Thanks,

Dave

Well I never lived in eastern Canada. Just in VT for like 25yrs, 45th
latitude, exits marked Exit/Sortie, yadda yadda.

Salt.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, we park the car in there. It certainly
isn't a practice that we would want to stop. And I agree - washing the
car off each and every time isn't practical. However, I had been
neglecting any real protection for the slab over the past five years
or so.

So would that be the idea? Bring in an expert to cut it back and pour
in new? I wasn't sure how well new concrete would adhere to the old
stuff once it was cut back.

I assume that proper care after would help to extend its life properly?