Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Amusing failure in Omega analogue watch

Don McKenzie wrote:

So I had to take it to Cobblers Plus Watch Works, and they charged $35
and gave a 2 year guarantee.

Took it back 26 months later with the receipt, and they wanted to
charge me the same, so I told them I was going to replace it with a
junk watch, and they immediately dropped the price to $25.

Where do you get the tools, and how much would you expect to pay?

I don't want to be a jeweler, but at $35, when I know the battery
could be purchased $35 a 100 from China, seems a little rich.

Last time mine cost $12.50. Was something like $35 if I wanted it pressure
tested to it's rated depth.

geoff