Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Why I hate Norm Abrams

On 2009-08-23, DGDevin wrote:

TOH and similar shows provide ideas to people with some experience of using
tools, with tips and guidance to made the job easier, and frankly with
inspiration--"Hey, I think I could do that."

Nonsense. In the later shows, it was just getting ridiculous.
Insanely expensive hi-tech options that any home owner, renovating or
not, if they were well off enough to afford it, they were at a level
where they probably didn't give a good goddamn about the technical
merits/details. Just, "Here's my account. When will it be finished?"
There was often no owner even on camera, just what's-his-face and the
contractor. "Well Rick, tell us about these new boron fiber
impregnated laminates. I understand they're the exact same ones used
in the latest space shuttle toilet paper."

Sure pal. I'll take a dozen to go.

nb