Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default OT but someone here might know

drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules
saying something like:

You need one rated for the job.

OK... I was just curious as most inverters I've seen are piddly little
things which seem like they'd happily go bang if given any serious work to
do :-) (but fine for running laptops etc.)

Not so, icba to look, but via ebay for example, you'll find 3kW
inverters for norralorra dough. I have a cheap'ncheerful 1.5kW (3kW
peak) modified sine inverter which cost all of sixty quid a couple of
years ago. I noticed recently that pure sinewave inverters were
plummeting in price and I might get one of those as I'm not too happy
about running the TV off the mod-sine one.